A new four legged member of the family is one of the most exciting times for any family and as a Certified Puppy Training and Canine Body Language Specialist, we understand that the first few months of a puppy's life are the most important and ideally, they should be introduced to a number of different experiences, noises, animals, and people as soon as possible.
A process called socialisation.
Socialisation allows a dog to learn what to expect from everyday life and how to deal with this when they are older so that they do not become anxiour or fearful.
We love to help dogs become sociable, confident, and well-adjusted. We work closely with our owners to achieve this – it is all about teamwork!
Our puppy training course takes into consideration your dog’s particular needs and the owner’s goals. At Simply the Pets we take a completely force free approach to dog care. This means that we only use positive, reward-based training methods.
Our 121 Puppy Course is designed to provide you and your puppy with all of the tools to learn the obedience basics. This includes:
- Sit and down
- Wait and Stay
- Puppy Biting/ Nipping
- Lead Walking
- Road Crossing
- Socialisation this includes dogs, people, and objects
- Jumping Up
We very much work at your dog’s pace and as every dog is different, we will tailor each session to your pup.
Benefits of 121 Training
- Tailored training specifically to you and your pup. No need to feel pressured or embarrassed to pick something up as quickly as the puppy next to you
- No distractions of a group environment – we add the distractions as and when WE are ready to further proof your pups training
- Little to no travelling to classes. We either come to you or meet you in a local park
- Start as soon as your pup arrives home. No need to wait for vaccinations or for the next puppy class to start
- Involve the whole family – no limit on numbers
Socialisation is a key part of our Puppy Care service along with basic training, toilet training and getting your puppy used to being in their own company for short periods of time - a great way to prevent seperation anxiety.
During our 30 minute visits we will:
- let your puppy out for a toilet break,
- clear up any accidents,
- put down food,
- top up their water
- provide them with plenty of attention, fuss, and play
- introduce basic training
It's never too early to start puppy visits. Waiting until your puppy is fully vaccinated loses precious time in the sensitive period to socialise them. At Simply the Pets we have a puppy sling that allows us to safely puppies so that we can still take them out and introduce them to numerous experiences in a calm, positive way.
Once puppies are fully vaccinated and old enough we like to introduce them onto our group walks which are a great way to socialise your dog with up to 3 other friendly, sociable dogs.
"We are extremely pleased with the services Simply the Pets provides. They get on great with our dog and have been very accomodating and helpful with our dog's development. They always goes that extra mile when it comes to the welfare of our dog. We would not hesitate in recommending their services."